NCPS is pleased to invite all Nebraska hospitals to participate in a collaborative that will help interprofessional teams to develop a toolkit and the skills needed to support their efforts to use debriefs to improve quality and patient safety.
- Learn when, why and how to conduct debriefs
- Participate in implementation support calls
- Improve team performance and patient outcomes
- Receive continuing education credit for two educational webinar sessions
The project will involve:
- A pre-implementation electronic survey completed by quality/performance improvement coordinator (April)
- Debrief webinar 1- Debriefs: An Evidence-based Team Leadership Tool to Improve Performance and Patient Safety Wednesday, May 26 from 12-1 pm Central Time (Register here).
- Define debriefs as a team meeting in which members discuss and make sense of a recent event in which they collaborated.
- Summarize the evidence base regarding the impact of effective debriefs on organizational resilience, team performance, and patient outcomes.
- Recognize debriefs as a team leadership strategy that is integral to all other components of teamwork.
- Debrief webinar 2 - Strategies to Conduct Effective Debriefs Wednesday, June 9 from 12-1 pm Central Time (Register here).
- Use best practices to implement structured debriefs that facilitate identifying root causes, applying lessons learned to the system, and improving trust and collaboration among team members.
- Recognize and overcome barriers to conducting effective debriefs.
- Use change management strategies to overcome barriers to implementing and sustaining debriefs across your organization.
- Implementation support call 1 - Wednesday, July 14.
- Implementation support call 2 - Wednesday, August 11.
- Post-implementation survey (Late fall –TBD).
There is no cost to participate! Funding for this project is provided by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Rural Health.
Contact Gail Brondum with questions.