How are events reported to NCPS?
NCPS members currently follow this process for submitting adverse event report using the writeable pdf form linked below.
- Complete the form electronically, excluding identifying information about the patient or specific healthcare personnel involved in the event.
- Complete as many fields in the form as possible, even if a root cause analysis was not conducted.
- Include contributing factors, proximal causes, and actions taken to prevent future events, based on the investigation and follow up of the event.
- Save the completed pdf in a secure location for your own records.
- Send the completed form to NCPS via an encrypted email at: email@example.com
- Acknowledgement of receipt of report is sent from NCPS to reporting member via email within one week.
We encourage our members to report events and near events on a regular basis in order to maintain a robust reporting relationship. It is through this reporting relationship that the privilege and confidentiality protections are maintained.