NCPS is certified as a Patient Safety Organization (PSO) with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, a division of the Department of Health and Human Services.
NCPS creates a secure and protected environment for health care providers (an individual or entity licensed to provide health care services) to report information about adverse events and hazards so learning can be shared and system improvements can be made to achieve safer, more reliable care.
NCPS fosters safety culture development by providing education, tools, and other resources to its members. The organization’s goals are centered around the following activities:
- Provide protection from discovery of events reported by members.
- Learn from reported events.
- Share with membership the trends and patterns identified in reported events.
- Offer resources for individualized follow up and feedback related to events.
- Provide education and training specific to patient safety.